This year, up to eight PD opportunities will be awarded through a competitive selection process. The deadline for application is July 31, 2017. Successful candidates will be notified by August 31, 2017, and would be expected to participate in a training, tentatively scheduled for September 2017. Fellowships will occur between September 2017 and April 2018.
The program focuses on individuals with strong academic qualifications, relevant work experience, and current employment in areas related to EA, but lack or require more practical hands-on experience. The application process is open to professionals working in governments, non-governmental organizations, private or volunteer organizations, universities, and local consulting firms in Africa.
Applicants are requested to submit a curriculum vitae and a brief proposal on what the candidate is planning to undertake if s/he is selected as per the guidelines below.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: All applicants must submit the following:
Curriculum vitae must include:
Proposal (Write a short section addressing each item; address all items in not more than three pages in total):
- Full names (Underline family name)
- Contact information (fax, e-mail, telephone, mailing address)
- Date and place of birth
- Language proficiency (spoken, written, reading in either English or French)
- Current position and professional experience
- Name, telephone, e-mail and mailing address of two references who are familiar with your professional work
- Summarize your background, including academic credentials and language capabilities. Discuss past and current responsibilities.
- What experience do you have working as part of a team on a project?
- What is your experience as an instructor and/or trainer? (Does not need to be specifically in the fields of EA or environmental in nature)
- Explain how your participation in the PD Fellowship program will be accommodated by your current employment situation.
- Is there a particular EA project that you would like to join?
The curriculum vitae and proposal should be sent, by email by July 31, 2017 to the following contacts:
For anglophone applicants :
CLEAA Trustee: Dr. Peter Tarr
Executive Director Southern African
Environmental Assessment (SAIEA)
Pour les candidats francophone :
Coordo Adjoint CLEAA: Prof. Dieudonné Bitondo
Institute for Secrétariat pour l’évaluation environnementale en Afrique centrale (SEEAC)